Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy New Year

I haven't posted for awhile as I was overawed by some of the beautiful old buttons on blogs, considerably older and probably valuable.  I am only collecting because I love the beauty and colours and patterns and I'd love to learn the history even if it is in the last 100 years.

This is a fabulous Christmas present from my friend Carol who knows me too well. She found these buttons in an op shop and they are gorgeous. 

I have been lucky enough to find a couple of new horse buttons so I think I will collect them when I can.  My Dad had a nickname for me "Horse" but only because there was a racehorse with my name when I was a kid.  I never minded him calling me that, it was something special between the two of us and now I miss it.


Look at these gorgeous display's of buttons.  Aren't some people creative. 

Such a pretty button tree.
Gorgeous button wreath - I love textured white buttons
wow, what a gorgeous piece of art

A topiary bush for green buttons.. hmmm!


Just beautiful

Wouldn't this be great to wake up too..  Brilliant colour

1 comment: